Tubeless Tire Puncture Repair Wicks
Set of wicks for repairing new tubeless tires for motorcycles, scooters, quads, mopeds, bicycles, cars, cars, trailers, trucks, vans, ride-on mowers...
These puncture repair bits are used to seal the puncture area after removing the body.ranger (nail, screw, etc.) from your tire (without removing it) so that you can continue your journey in complete safety without damaging your wheel. For these wicks, we speak of repair par outside, par opposition to reparation par mushroom which is done from the inside of the tire with a patch (removal of the tire necessary).
This mode of repair is feasible if the puncture is present on the tread and not on the sidewall of the tire, the puncture diameter must be less than 6 mm and the internal structure of the tire must not be deterioratedar the puncture. It is also necessary that the tire has never run flat and that it has not already undergone a repair before.
Technical characteristics and dimensions of the anti-puncture wicks
- Brand: ThumbsUp
- Lot of 5 wicks
- Drill Bit Length: 100 mm
- Drill Bit Diameter: 5 mm
- 8ml glue tube
The steps to follow to repair your flat tire (see typical diagram)
- We advise you to use a pair of gloves when using these bits
- Step 1: Locate the cause of the puncture then remove the body estranger using pliers or pliers.
- Step 2: Push a drilling tool in the hole and shape the hole par a back-and-forth movement.
- Step 3: Grasp a wick using pliers (be careful of the glue), then insert the wick halfway into the needle of thewick tool.
- Step 4: Press the drill bit into the hole in the tire using the tool, while performing a right/left twisting motion. Continue until the ends of the wick no longer stick out more than 2 inches.
- Step 5: Place the wick in the tire by turning the tool a quarter turn then, pull the tool out sharply.
- Step 6: Cut the ends of the wick to 3 mm from the tire and re-inflate it.
- Once repaired, be sure to check and readjust your tire pressure.